HIMANSHU R. SHAH
TOWNSHIP OF OLD BRIDGE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 17, 2020
Public Relations Officer
732-721-5600 ext. 2035
Middlesex County Small Business Relief
Old Bridge, NJ- Middlesex County has announced a Small Business Relief Grant to assist the community’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic by providing support for community owned businesses. This grant is eligible by the county’s CARES Act funding.
The County intends to disburse a total of $30 million in grants for loss of revenue, verifiable expenses incurred, or continuation of services from CARES Act. Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with the amount of $30,000 available per application. Applications are available as of today, August 17, 2020, please visit www.middlesexcountynj.gov/mcsbrg for more information.
All applicants must meet the following criteria set by Middlesex County:
• Independently or family-owned businesses with no more than 50 employees
• Documented business interruption as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and related emergency declaration, resulting in financial loss.
• Businesses must have been opened prior to December 31, 2019 and operating on March 1, 2020
• Businesses deemed “non-essential” within the classification of “Businesses Required to Close” as per the Governor’s Executive Order No. 104, dated March 16, 2020
• Must be a Sole Proprietorship, LLC/LLP, S-Corporation, Corporation, Non-profit* or Partnership
• Active businesses physically located in Middlesex County, with a net annual business income of less than $1,000,000 based on their 2019 federal tax return
Businesses must also provide documentation of business eligibility and bank information. To see all documents necessary, please visit www.middlesexcountynj.gov/mcsbrg
Please visit the Township’s website at oldbridge.com/COVID and follow us on social media at facebook.com/OBTOWN and on Twitter @obtownnj where we are posting official Township news and information.