A RESIDENT ADVISORY MESSAGE
FROM MAYOR OWEN HENRY
Over the next several days, the Township of Old Bridge will potentially face significant weather conditions including heavy rains, high winds and/or flooding.
Please make sure that your family is prepared for this weather event and take all necessary precautions:
• Secure items such as outdoor furniture, garden equipment and toys.
• Keep all brush, leaves and other debris away from the curb so water will flow freely into drains and catch basins.
• Check your flashlights and have extra batteries.
• Keep you cell phones fully charged and ready to use.
• Keep a supply of water and non-perishable food.
• Have a list of emergency numbers readily available.
• Have a one week supply of necessary medications.
If you should be asked to evacuate due to potential flooding, please heed the advice of local authorities and have a “go” bag with necessary items ready in advance.
If you lose power, don’t assume someone else has reported the outage. Please call JCP&L at 1 (888) 544-4877.
If you see any downed wires, please do not approach; contact the Old Bridge Police Department.
Please only use 911 for emergencies. For all other police calls, please use (732) 721-4000.
For additional information, residents can go to the National Weather Service Website at www.weather.gov, the National Hurricane Center at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov, New Jersey State Office of Emergency Management Website at www.ready.nj.gov, the Township Website at www.oldbridge.com or tune in to OBTV.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Mayor Owen Henry