1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, NJ 08857Phone: 732-721-5600 Fax: 732-607-7900
10/28/2012 - Resident Advisory Notice - Mayor's Message
Over the next seventy-two (72) hours, the Township of Old Bridge will potentially face severe weather conditions including heavy rains, high winds, dangerous storm surges and/or flooding. Please make sure that your family is prepared for this weather event and take all necessary precautions:
• Secure items such as outdoor furniture, garden equipment and toys.
• Keep all brush, leaves and other debris away from the curb so water will flow freely into drains and catch basins.
• Check your flashlights and have extra batteries.
• Keep you cell phones fully charged and ready to use.
• Keep a supply of water and non-perishable food.
• Have a list of emergency numbers readily available.
• Have a one week supply of necessary medications.
If you should be asked to evacuate due to potential flooding, please heed the advice of local authorities and have a “go” bag with necessary items ready in advance.
If you lose power, don’t assume someone else has reported the outage. Please call JCP&L at 1 (888) 544-4877.
If you see any downed wires, please do not approach; contact the Old Bridge Police Department.
Please only use 911 for emergencies. For all other police calls, please use (732) 721-4000.
All recreation programs (including the Ice Arena) and senior bus service have been cancelled for Monday, October 29, 2012 and Tuesday, October 30, 2012. Leaf collection has also been suspended until further notice to allow DPW personnel to address storm-related issues.
For additional information, residents can go to the National Weather Service Website at www.weather.gov , the National Hurricane Center at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov , New Jersey State Office of Emergency Management Website at www.ready.nj.gov, the Township Website at www.oldbridge.com or tune in to OBTV.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Mayor Owen Henry