JCP&L Snow Storm Update
Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) has activated its storm response plan, opened its Emergency Command Center, activated the Incident Command System and has extra line, substation, and forestry workers on stand-by alert. JCP&L has also staffed additional dispatchers and analysts at regional dispatch offices.
Customers who are without power are encouraged to call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) to report their outage or click the “Report Outage” link at www.firstenergycorp.com
The company also encourages customers to plan ahead for the possibility of electric service interruptions by following these tips:
- Keep flashlights and fresh batteries in your home. Avoid using candles to light your home, especially around children and pets.
- If you have a water well and pump, keep an emergency supply of bottled water and/or fill your tub with fresh water.
- Stock an emergency supply of convenience foods that do not require cooking.
- Have a hard-wired telephone or a charged cell phone handy in the event you need to report your electricity is out. Mobile phones can be charged in your vehicle using a car charger when power is out.
- Gather extra blankets or a sleeping bag for each person.
- Do not use gas stoves, kerosene heaters or other open-flame heat sources to prevent deadly carbon monoxide gas from building up in your home.
- Keep a battery-powered radio with extra batteries on hand. Tune to a local station for current storm information.